Re: Whats the best way to drill a 6" whole in my wall?

I'm doing a 24" 52mm dia hole with a just bought diamond

> core bit from Screwyou. Had a go but it seems slow - but it > is limestone which seems harder than anything, harder than > granite?

Limestone is much, much softer than granite...

Any tips on using it? Presumably not sds rotary/hammer but > rotary only? Fast or slow? Pre drill with long bit?

Your problem may be that the soft limestone is clogging the bit, especially if the stone is at all damp. Perhaps withdrawing the bit frequently and cleaning it might help, I don't know.

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

Your local hire shop will be MUCH cheeper.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Are you using lots of water? Diamond likes water - ideal is if you can get someone else to put a light hose spray on the job the whole time you are drilling the hole. Massively increases penetration rate, saves diamonds, makes lots of sludgy mess though.

Reply to
rockdoctor

Q: What's the best way to drill a 6" hole in my wall? A: Get a G-nothing to try and drill a small hole for you.

boom, boom.

*MegHz*
Reply to
Meg Hertz