Re: What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

Oh, jeez, did you have to say that? I'm not going anywhere near my lathe for a while now...

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I wonder if they still sent a bill to the house?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I had heard of a # 1 etc. but never a # 0

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I rather like that term of endearment ;-)

It just perfectly sums up their position.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

What, for cleaning the stump grinder, you mean?

David

Reply to
Lobster

This is one of those occasions where the subtle difference in language use between UK and US does rather change the implications!

Reply to
John Rumm

Here in the US it is called a crew cut too. Back in the 50's there was a singin8 group called "The Crew Cuts" The "Life is but a Dream" melody immediately comes to mind, but I don't know if that was by the Crew Cuts

Reply to
willshak

Between then and now, your recollection of the length of the tendon has been growing longer with each telling. :-)

Reply to
willshak

The perfect machinists clothing. No sleeves, no tie, not loose, only comes in black and made in extra large. What more can you ask for?:

?sc=2&category=28Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

Reply to
Gunner

Doubt that it really has anything to do with war. Circle goes around--when I was a little kid buzz cuts and crew cuts were popular. When I was a bit older styles got longer (I remember when the Beatles, as they appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show, had scandalously long hair) and longer and longer and then shorter and shorter and shorter and now we're back to buzz cuts. In another 30 years or so it will be long again.

Reply to
J. Clarke

If you still have any hair. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yet no one demands they outlaw shirts. Its sad, really.

Of course, if they outlaw shirts, only outlaws will own shirts.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What can I say? My sense of humor has a hair trigger.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Shit..when I went to war..I wore a mohawk most of the time.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I forgot it also prevents pregnancy. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

Careful. There were definite distinctions between any number of short hair styles. IIRC a buzz cut was shorter than a crewcut, which was shorter than a butch. The shortest of all was the baldy sour.

"Sh-Boom"

Reply to
clifto

Right!

Reply to
willshak

Yadadadadadadadadadaaaaa

Reply to
clifto

I even had the lyric wrong. It's "Life could be a dream".

Reply to
willshak