Re-waterproofing outdoor cushions

Hi all

The outdoor cushion covers were pretty grubby so have washed them in the washing machine. Only to then discover that I shouldn't have done it was they lose their water resistance. Doing a bit of searching there seems to be a variety of products to rewaterproof them ranging from ones you put in the washing machine to others you spray on. Most seem to suggest you use on tents although say they work on any material.

So... Anyone have any experience of this sort of thing? Also do they make the material waxy/ crinkly etc?

Thanks in advance

Lee.

Reply to
Lee Nowell

I've used the Nikwax products (wash, then proof) on a jacket a couple of times. Seems to work, and no discernible effect on 'feel'.

Reply to
Bob Eager