Re: Towing Tuition

As I've never towed anything before I'm considering taking up some

> tuition in an off-road centre. Cost of 59 pounds for 2.5 hours one to > one tuition. > > Anyone done one of these courses? Recommendations? Waste of time? > Things to concentrate on? > > Andrew > > Do you need a handyman service? Check out our > web site at
one HGV Tuition is ideal. If, after going through these courses, you

can't put a tractor / trailer unit backwards through a narrow street, or round a tight road junction, then there's no hope for you. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

Feel free!

As a matter of interest, you have archived it as an example of *what*?

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

Of what they are all doing wrong. They all seem to think that pushing the trailers sideways around corners is perfectly acceptable, but a study of what your pages show should help them understand where they're going wrong. Now all I have to do is get them to come to a practice weekend.

Reply to
BigWallop

Hello Andrew

Good man.

Definately worth doing, unless you have the use of a field and don't mind playing around practicing for a few hours by yourself - and even then, you don't get the benefit of being taught.

I did a faq for horse trailers, may be of some use;

Simon Avery

Seconded.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay

The key question is, is this for personal improvement or to get +E entitlement on your licence

Muddy Paws

The message from snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (rob w) contains these words:

I agree 100%. If it is a small camping\DIY building materials trailer, your money is better spent on buying a jockey wheel (if it does not have one already) and just unhitching and manouevering by hand.

In any case go out and practise reversing in an empty corner of a supermarket car park on a Sunday morning. Go slowly, and keep stopping and getting out to look at the position of the wheels at each stage of the movement, reversing into the marked bays. This takes the same effort as going to a course, and is free. If you cannot get the hang of things, then take the course, or just watch other vehicles reversing to see where you were going wrong, and go back and try again.

I used the same method to teach daughters and their friends the basics of riding small motor-bikes. Do not make the mistake I did with my innocent party-stopping comment, heard by all in a moment of hush; 'I had Helen on Tesco car park this morning.'

Good luck, John.

Reply to
John Colloff

Hello Andrew

Oddness. I've just checked it and it's fine here. There has been some dns issues across the web recently, maybe it's a temporary glitch?

It's a tad out of date wrt the legal side though.

Reply to
Simon Avery