Any tractor trailer drivers here?

I want to move my 48 foot storage trailer with a bucket loader, just pick it up and push it back. I have the wheels chocked right now. Do I need to put air into the reserve tank to release the brakes or can I do it manually or are they off without air or what?

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Pete C.

If you're going to "pick it up" the brakes are irrelevant, and/or may be applying insufficient pressure to stop the wheels from rolling.

You can probably "cage" the brakes sufficiently to allow it to roll, but I'd try just backing off the slack adjusters first.

If you have a method to charge the system, that may be most expedient.

In any case, vigorous application of a LARGE hammer to the brake drums may be necessary.

A search for "caging spring brakes" may offer additional information. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

I'd be just picking up the front end not the real wheel end.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

you need only to apply at least 60 psi to the red one. (park line) If you apply air to both it will release the park brake, but then apply the regular service brake.

Reply to
Steve Barker