Re: Shower water supply pipe size?

Thank you for all info

How does the advice given relate to a system with mains pressure hot water (via a Megaflow (I think that that's the correct name))?

The system is piped in 22mm to the floor level at the shower, will it make much difference by running 15mm inside the wall to the shower valve?

Thanks, Andy Juniper com.freeuk@ajuniper

Reply to
Andy Juniper

None at all - a short section on 15mm will not restrict the flow that much. The shower itself is likely to only need 10L/min or less. The only exception to that might be if you have a shower with a very heavy flow rate requirement (i.e. one of those monster sized "drenching" heads or some shower panel that has multiple heads dotted all over). Chances are the shower needs 15mm pipe termination anyway.

Reply to
John Rumm

That's correct, the shower does have 15mm termination, I just wondered whether it made much difference as to where the pipe went from 22 to

15mm. It's only a basic thermostatic mixer so 15mm it is then.

Thanks, Andy Juniper

Reply to
Andy Juniper