Re: Rainwater diverter - problem

Being lazy, I'd

still prefer an off the shelf solution. Anyone know of anything > available? >

You all might like to know how I (may have) solved this one. I found a supplier on line with a promising product consisting of a 'switchable' diverter. See

£13-ish including post. You have to order by phone.

I fitted it recently; took about an hour. Today we had a couple of VERY heavy showers. I had the switch selected to about three quarters divert. There was some small overloading, causing some water to spill out of the top of the device. However, the barrel (200 litre?) filled right up, so I have now selected full downflow and expect that there will be no more overloading until I next use divert mode. Not ideal I know, in that it is not fully self-regulating, but it is a lot better than before.

Regards, DavidF

Reply to
David