Re: Questions regarding shower installation...

I am about to install an electric shower, but I need a few things

> cleared up before I start. > > I take it that I tile first? Also it's looking like I can't actually > run the downpipe and main cable through the wall, so it's going to > have to be the surface of the tiles, unless anyone can see an > alternative. What's the best way to ensure these cables are > waterproof? > > If anyone can link to site where there are diagrams, it would be much > appreciated. > > Many thanks.

More info' needed Eamonn.

What type of wall are you fixing the shower unit to ? (i.e. Plasterboard Stud, Brick with plaster coating) What is the total length of the cable run ? What power rating is the shower unit ? What are your plumbing and electrical skills like ? Where are you taking the water supply from ? What is the total length of the pipe run ?

Please give as much information of the whole job as possible, or no-one will be able to help.

Thanks

Reply to
BigWallop

A good investment is a DIY manual. The Collins or Readers Digest seem to be the favourites. Both available from Smiths etc. Or try the local library. These books have a lot of info about shower installation. Neil

Reply to
Niel A. Farrow