Re: problem with velux window

Hi

> I was up a loaded having a look around the velux windows that our > builder fitted - they came in a Wickes box, have a wood effect finish, > are double glazed, with hinges in the middle, and has a sticker on that > says "Compiles with B. R Part L 2000" > > Anyway, I noticed that the dark screw in the middle (see picture) >
seemed to be sticking a very long way out. Worried that this had a > major part in holding the hinge on, I decided to screw it in a bit > futher not all the way. When I shut the window, it didn't seem to be > stiff or catch anything, but if I try and open the window now, something > is jamming it shut > > Any idea how to get around this please. I've had a look at the other > identical window, and can't work out what it can be catching on > -- > Mike

The screw is the latch adjuster and should be set to allow the hinge to swing only enough to open fully for the space around the window. If you've tightened it to far in, then you've essentially locked the window. I'd advise you either contact the builder or Velux to get the best answer on what to do next. Contacting the builder and telling him that the window has jammed may get the job done of putting it right for free.

Reply to
BigWallop

Great :-(

It seems a bit silly that such a simple screw could lock the window

Reply to
Mike NG