Re: OT - What will be completely unacceptable in 100 years - or even 50

AISB, but perhaps you were nodding off, I know nothing of fish physiology, and cannot therefore judge whether such a hook causes pain or not. I imagine they enjoy their activity, else why do it, but, again, you are assuming that the draw is enjoying cruelty. What evidence are you showing to support that assertion? I've seen none yet other than hand-waving and related vapourings.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Unlikely to be 'nice' for the fish though eh, even if it doesn't feel any pain because of it.

Even the animals in Yulin who beat and torture the other animals to death or before actually killing and eating them aren't doing so for 'fun', they are doing so because they *think* it makes the meat more tender.

Nope, I doubt he suggested that for one second (how thick can this Squeaker Goblin be)?

He hasn't because he's not making it.

Of course you haven't ITRW, but who knows what more you have or could imagine / fabricate?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I?ve never actually said that they enjoy cruelty, I?ve just said that they enjoy sport fishing, which almost certainly does inflict a level of suffering. Dice it up however you like, the end result is the same.

If sport fishing is cruel and people enjoy sport fishing, then logically they enjoy a cruel sport even if they are unaware that they are inflicting suffering.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

In the meantime you think that's ok and wouldn't dream of campaigning to stop the practice.

Reply to
Fredxx