Re: OT: Delivery van identification

Ah, thanks. That confirms the Orkney Street factory was on the Macaulay exchange _before_ the 'new factory' on Wandsworth Road was opened in 1953. It narrows down the date of the photo to either pre WW2, say 1933 - 1939, or post WW2, 1945 to 1950. But I think the exact date of the photo has now become a side issue, given the amount of informat1on now assembled about Fryer and it'd Orkney Street factory.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Very many thanks to all who scratched their heads and thought about this. I now have a pretty good picture of Fryer's London activities before and after the war, which is a solid foundation for going forward if it's wanted by the group down here.

Reply to
Chris Hogg