Re: Online ordering of power tools?

What is a good (cheap? reliable?) online site to order power tools > from? >

> I'm after a new cordless electric screwdriver but am not close to any > shops likely to stock a good range. > > > Thanks, > Phil >

Screwfix are as good as any others.

BigWallop

IMM

Thanks for all the replies, very much appreciated. :-)

Phil

{too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

A drill/driver? If so try the B&Q PP Pro range.

Reply to
IMM

unifix ain't cheap - just about every one of the tools I compared (like with like) with the dm site came out more expensive on unifix.

cheers Richard

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

Just a thought, Homebase have a sale on at the moment - well they did on Sunday. Anyhow they have end of line Bosch tools going half price at the moment.

The Canterbury branch apparently had loads of them.

--Paul

--whose missus bought him a circular saw and a cordless drill/driver

--at the weekend.

Reply to
P.A.Osborne

Their pro range is quite competitive and they do have a bargain basement range too. They are far better for fixings than Screwfix.

Reply to
IMM

It was the pro stuff that I was comparing. They seemed competitive, but then you needed to add VAT onto their quoted prices.

Was 10 to 15% more expensive on a lot of the stuff when that was taken into account.

cheers Richard

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

Just glancing at them in my local branch, it appeared to be all bottom of the range stuff - maybe even specially bought in. They had nothing I fancied, regardless of price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman