Re: New Zealand a step closer to recession as GDP suffers biggest fall in 29 years

And why do we need analysts to tell us the bleeding obvious? Lockdown = Lower GDP.

Reply to
alan_m

If we had not imported two cases in and if the border police had not forgotten to test them before they let them drive across the island while infected and attend a funeral. Everyone is waiting to see how many people get it.

The problem is they rely on tourists, and the first step is to form a bubble with oz and some of the island states, then as the world, hopefully gets more immune, gradually open up. Cannot see that for a year or so myself. They are also due a large Earthquake. All the warning signs from the last one are in place, lots of little ones around Wellington and some people seeing blue lights coming up from the ground which is I think something to do with stress and the electricity generated by it, underground. Shallow earthquakes are not good to have. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

What happened 29 years ago in NZ to create a greater fall in GDP than locking down for around 100 days?

Reply to
alan_m