Re: More steel sheet questions! Hole cutting this time...

I found somebody to make my bits of metal. I need to make holes in it 28mm

> diameter ones to be precise. Whats the best way to do this? Will I be able > to buy a drill bit that does it? Its 1.2mm mild steel sheet.

A hole punch will do a very neat job. You drill a hole (probably 8 or 10mm) for the bolt, and then tighten up the cutting jaws from either side, and it creates very clean holes.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel