Re: Makro mini compressor any good (update)

Hi All,

I asked a while ago about a little compressor I saw in my mates Makro mag.

I mentioned it in passing to my Dad the other day and there was one wating indoors for me when I got in tonight (the missus brought it home when she picked up our kid) ;-)

The kit contains a fairly compact 240V metal bodied compressor pump housed in a tough looking black plastic case with built in handle. It comes with:

Compresor (no!) ;-) Q/R connector (to screw into compressor) Orange coily hose with q/r connectors. Paint spray thing with engine cleaning nozzle. Car / cycle tyre inflator with trigger and gauge. Football inflating needle and stepped adaptor blower to fit in trye inflator fitting. Dust blower nozzle to fit into tyre inflator handle (instead of flexy hose)

Sound: 96 db Hp: 1.5 Pressure 8 bar (~116 psi)

Thoughts ..

It's quite noisy, vibrates about a bit on it's 3 rubber feet, would need a proper (safe) air nozzle to make it more useable as PC duster.

I just pumped up a mountain bike tyre to 40 psi (indicated) in about

10 seconds.

At 59 pounds (plus Vat) its handy if you want something fairly light and portable with a bit more 'ooomph' than a 12V model?

They will be better when they are 29.99 though .;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Should it have come with a two prong plug?

Reply to
T i m

"T i m" wrote | Should it have come with a two prong plug?

Well that's handy, use it in the bathroom on the shaver point :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That would have been a good .. had I not gone and stuck one of them bathroom unfriendly 13A plug tops on it already .. (doh!). ;-)

I was going through my old PC's yesterday trying to sort something to help a mate and used it quite a bit.

Apart from the noise it does a pretty good job of getting dust out of the PSU, CPU heatsink and fan and other places difficult to get at with anything else.. I'd say it's not quite as powerful as an 'air can' but that could be a good thing (and in time a good deal cheaper and won't run out half way through a job ..!).

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m