Re: Laminate flooring into a 135º bay window base

In message , bilbo*baggins writes

I'm about to start laying laminate flooring in a through lounge area. >One major problem relates to an old 'bay window base' which forms a 6" >stone step between the lounge area and an existing extension. This bay >is angled, not square, at 135º - which means that I cannot run a >single straight plank of laminate or solid wood all the way across. I >will need to have two mitred corners, somehow.

Umm, you've lost me here.

>Also, the stone 'riser' is not flat/vertical. Just to be helpful, it >is chamfered at 45º.... > >Simple stair nose profile does not seem to offer a solution, as it >apparently depends on a mating moulded/routed profile in way of the >final laminate plank > What does one do about the 'angled' edges? >

What about squaring the edge off with mortar first?

Reply to
chris French

A pic?

Reply to