Primer-Sealer: Zinsser 'Bulls Eye 123'

Anyone have any experience of this 'acclaimed' product? I'm looking to apply it to a wall that has A: old, sound plaster B: paint over old, sound plaster C: gypsum skim-coat ( feathered )over paint over old, sound plaster.

Should I sell the house instead?

Reply to
bilbo*baggins

In message , bilbo*baggins writes

And what was wrong with the reply I made to your previous post on this a day or two ago?

Reply to
chris French

Thanks for your previous suggestion, Chris. My continuing concern is that the 'old paint' adheres to the underlying plaster with varying grip. Just when I think I've removed the areas that have weak grip, then sand down and wipe over with meths, some more curls and shows loose, so I remove that, too. It's not desirable to remove all the existing paint - if this can be avoided.

On another couple of areas in the house, I did as you had previously suggested - diluted emulsion onto new but dry, feathered skim-coat. Let dry a couple of days, then a first top coat. Problems of bubbling emerged in several places.

I'm trying to avoid having that again, by the possible use of this Zinsser product *under and over* the new skim-coat on my firebreast.

Reply to
bilbo*baggins

In message , bilbo*baggins writes

Well continuing in that thread might have been more helpful, rather than appearing to not received it.

I can't see that any primer, or anything else is really going to solve this - it's still going to have poor adherence to the plaster. I assumed by your description that the paint layer was sound. I think he only way it to sand it down or lining paper.

Well I did pretty much a whole house and never had problem (and it's what is recommend on backs of Dulux paint). Thoughts - was the paint not dilute enough maybe and didn't soak into the plaster enough then trhe paint film might not adhere enough. If it doesn't go on easy - if the brush seems to stick to the 'plaster' then the paint is too thick

Reply to
chris French