Re: insurance q?

.

>> Hi >> >> Is it an option with an insurance house repair job to take a cheque in >> lieu of some of the (minor) work being done? I'm specifically thinking >> of the repainting. >> >> Reason I ask is cos this is a really bad time to redecorate, and it >> would make way more sense to do it later even if I only got it half >> paid for that way.

I think there would be a problem for an insurer to be paying you as that might look like wages and thus be due for income tax. In theory there should be no problem getting them to pay for receipted items, although the insurer may well have their own rules for this sort of thing too. If that is OK with the insurer, you could presumably buy the materials now and reclaim from the insurer, but put off doing the work until a more convenient time.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yup, good point. Ty

Regards, NT