Re: How long for concrete to go off ...

... before being able to skim with a self-levelling screed?

> This weekend, as part of the kitchen floor improvement project, I dug out > the former hearth bed that was higher than the rest of the (wooden) floor, > and laid an all-in-one concrete mix to bring it to just below the level of > the rest of the floor. > I have some Feb self-levelling stuff that I plan to use to finish the job > so how long to I need to leave the concrete to go off before applying the > top screed?

Three weeks to be on the safe side.

Reply to
nog

A month minimum.

Reply to
G. Natural

I don't think you need wait at all. Concrete sets, it doesn't dry. Well it does, but that's just another issue.

You should however leave the SCREED a long time before putting anything that may be damage by damp, over it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I agree with NP - you can walk on concrete within 24 hours; walk not dance, etc. And if you can do that you can lay the screed. The process of concrete 'drying' is incredibly long - 20 to 30 years by which time it has actually gone back to being 'stone'.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Graham