Re: Help! Kew sandblast attachment.

>> > HI All, >> > I have a Kew power washer with a sandblasting attachment. >> > On the paperwork it says to use Dried quartz sand in grains of 0.8mm. >> > >> > I don't seem to be able to get any of this sand. >> > Any ideas where I can get some or any ideas of another type of easily >> > sourced sand that will do the job. >> > The Kew relies on water to carry the abrasive. >> > >> > Any help will be greatly appreciated. >> > >> > TIA >> > Ed >> > >> >> I used to have one of these, kew branded sand was not too dear, I used to >> get it from b and q IIRC. I would say that it would work quite ok with >> playpit silver sand. >> >> mrcheerful >> >> >> >I have the Karcher version of this. I use ordinary sharp builders sand. >It has to be dry. When I last used it I spread out a sheet of >polyurethane in the sun and spread a thin layer of sand over it. It >dried fairly quickly. > >Paul Mc Cann

Hi Paul, Got it working with the silver sand. Somehow water has got back into the pipe and clogged it. Such is life. Just got to work out how to get the end off without damaging it. It's got no obvious means of taking it off unless it's a push fit.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

In message , Ed writes

I buy glass beads for my shotblast cabinet from:

B C Abrasives Ltd Corbiere Eversley Centre Eversley Hants RG27 0NJ

0118 9737511

Give them a ring and see what they say

Reply to
geoff