Re: Electric motor support help needed please! [Sorted]

Hi all,

Thanks to all who replied re the Kew steam cleaner with no run.

It turns out it /was/ some sort of over temp or similar cutout in the motor that had gone o/c and was stopping the main motor-run contactor from pulling in.

Luckily he also located a second hand identical cleaner today (and bought a multimeter) and was able to check said issue out on that to prove the concept before repairing the broken unit with a plain wire link (for now).

The cherry on the cake is that both units appear to be nearly identical so he now has a full set of working and tested spares, or can do twice the work while they both run ok. ;-)

He said he will get a spare main switch in any case as we have now got the proper code and I don't fancy taking one apart (no, that was easy ... putting it back together again!) again! Mind you, now we have worked out how to order and reassemble all 9 cam disks without the spring loaded contacts flying over your shoulder it's not quite so bad! ;-)

might without that diagram you / one could easily 'assume' (if you weren't used to such things) that connections 11-12 were o/c because that's what you would read at all the stop positions (because it only actions between 30 and 60 degrees).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m