Re: Decent Drill Bit for walls

Further to the above, I have an SDS drill if that helps selection.

I've only ever bought Wickes own brand and found them fine - an SDS tends to last for a very long time.

Remember to clear the debris regularly from your damp holes, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Any branded SDS drill bit will do.

If possible, I would use a nail gun instead of drill.

Or batten the wall out (fewer drill fixings) and screw or nail to the battens.

dg

Reply to
dg

I think you mean a damp course therapy of some sort.

It is the mortar that is sucking the water up. If they are engineering bricks as the descripion implies, then all you need to do is drill the mortar. The destructions will say drill the bricks; I know but......

I think all SDS drill bits are of similar quality. If you buy them from a builder's supplier or a hire shop you will get the best -if there is a difference.

Reply to
Michael McNeil