Installing DG unit into wooden frame

I`ve had a wooden window frame custom made for an opening where I`m replacing a rotten window. The rebates are big enough for Double Glazed units, so I`ve had a couple of units made to size. I need to install the glass into the frame but don`t know how to. I`ve done single glazed windows before using putty but this is a different kettle of fish. I`ve been warned by the DG place that the units will fail if not installed correctly. Do I use some kind of mastic, beeding, spacers? Any help would be appreciated !

Steve

Reply to
steve

Google for "low modulus neutral cure" group:uk.d-i-y

The units will fail prematurely if installed incorrectly. Do *NOT* use any putty, mastic etc. Ensure that there is space all around the unit in the frame, except of course where it is supported by the spacers. You need beading, soft plastic spacers and low modulus neutral cure silicone.

________________________________________________________________ Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com

Reply to
jerrybuilt