PVC beading on wooden door.

The exterior wooden beading on our double doors around the DG units is in need of replacement. There are 8 DG panes in total and I'd need 16m of beading.
I have some PVC beading from another job. Would that be ok on a wooden door, stuck in place with No! More nails! or similar?
Cheers
--
Clive

I've just had the same problem - but with a custom made wood window with DG units. Water rather obviously got under the wood beading, and caused rot, over time. Was most noticeable at the bottom of the panes where water would tend to collect. The top beads and the tops of the side ones were fine. But non of the windows leaked into the house.
I did wonder about PVC beading - but found nothing made for the job. I did find a composite beading made for sash windows which is said to be more rot resistant - and the same to work as wood. I'm not sure exactly what it's made of being self coloured all through - white. But breaks rather like wood if bent too far.
I did wonder if differential expansion etc would make pure PVC a bad choice.
I've use a non setting butyl putty under the beads as well as between them and the window, hoping this will keep water out.
--
*Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject

Thanks. On closer inspection, my spare PVC is a little too big at 12mm whereas I need 9mm or thereabouts. Where did you see this composite stuff?
Cheers
--
Clive

It's a bit larger than 9mm, so not much help.
--
*Never kick a cow pat on a hot day *