Re: Controllable Electronic Ballast

I have at home a room illuminated with fluorescent tubes. The light

> intensity can be regulated with a dial next to the switch, similar to a > potentiometer. > Next to each fluorescent tube there is an > Atlas GD158 Controllable Electronic Ballast F58W/35 > Often, when I switch on the light in the room, the mini circuit breaker > in the garage switches off. > What could be the reason for the fault? > Is there anything special in the wiring of this type of circuit? > Thanks, > Antonio

What is the total loading on that circuit - add up the watts of all the lights. And what is the rating on the MCB?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It'll be an electronic ballast, so has a rectifier & reservoir cap input. The result is often a curent spike when switched on. Swapping the mcb for a fuse should cure it, or maybe a type C breaker.

NT

Reply to
NT