RE-CLAIMED MATERIALS

I've heard a great deal about yards that sell-on various re-claimed materials (railway sleepers etc) but have not been able to find one. I'm in the South-east London / North Kent area, does anyone know where my closest one would be?

Reply to
Steve Barnes

I recently looked at several places in SW London for sleepers, inc Jewson. The state of the sleepers at all of them was very poor, mostly huge longitudinal cracks. We decided in the end not to use them. BTW I did hear that their sale was being banned anyway because of the stuff they are impregnated with.

Reply to
BillR

In article , Steve Barnes writes

There's one in Lewisham (Loampit Hill or Loampit Vale). Haven't been myself, though, so report back if you check it out!

ttfn

Martin

Reply to
Martin Harlow

Page 28 - Kent directory, Reclaimed Materials and Architectural Salvage section

Reply to
SC