Re: Cat scares

DNA testing does work but isnt cheap.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Never seen any cat shit in my jungle.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I don't have to prove anything, it's up to the cat owner to put measures in place to always pick up their own pet's shit.

Please stop trying to defend irresponsible cat owners and putting the blame and burden of proof on the recipients of this total 'don't care' anti-social behaviour.

Rightly, people complain about dog shit but strangely don't think that cat shit is an equal problem, especially for those on the receiving end of it.

Reply to
alan_m

Its just not feasible to follow cats 24/7 but it is with dogs when they are off your property and on a lead.

No excuse is necessary, its reality.

Completely different, actually.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Neither does any cat or a human whom you accuse.

You haven't thought that through.

With respect, you haven't thought that one through either.

Reply to
JNugent

It isn't a double standard.

Dogs and cats are very different animals. The law recognises that.

Cats, even pet cats, are still almost wild animals.

You'd be able to identify fly-tippers.

Reply to
JNugent

The law says otherwise.

Stop claiming that cat owners who don't follow their cats 24/7 or keep them inside at all times are irresponsible. No please, that's an order.

Nothing strange about it, they realise that what you demand isnt feasible.

Reply to
Rod Speed

But what about the bears?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

They also dig up tulips

Reply to
charles

Ian Jackson snipped-for-privacy@g3ohx.co.uk> wrote

None in my jungle.

When I was building my house on a bare block of land in the very early 70s I used to tell the neighbours kids who use to show up every day that there were tigers in the jungle.

One day one pre schooler who used to show up most days in a wet winter when there was head height Pattisons Curse was heading home, I said 'watch out for the tigers'. A bit later I walked around the big concrete block front wall and found him with his back to the wall, staring at the massive jungle of Pattison's Curse :-)

Reply to
Rod Speed

Chilli powder too, probably cheaper than white pepper in big bags from Asian shops. It was one of many experiments before I tried the ultrasound device.

IME it does deter, and the thought of the little bastards licking their paws is somewhat pleasing, but it's rainy here in the south west so it doesn't last.

Reply to
Clive Arthur
<snip>

It was pretty much every day here, on the concrete step just inside the back gate.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

At least one Spanish town is using DNA to trace which dog has offended... ... I assume this would work for cats...

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

I never found any cat shit outside the house when I had cats Either in or near the litter trays, or buried in the soil where it made excellent fertiliser.

I can only conclude that yiur town cats are seriously mentally disturbed by 'potty training' and don't do the natural thing.

Or there is simply no soil left they can find.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ewwww that's a whole different league of D.I.Y enthusiasts you have in your neck of the weeds!

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

BY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT! ANY ANIMAL CRAPPING ON MY PROPERTY WILL FROM HERE-ON- IN BE PARCELLED UP AND SENT BACK TO THEIR SO-CALLED OWNER WITH A STERN LETTER ATTACHED!

Now can you tell me where to send hedgehogs and birds? I shall get round to the cats eventually, but their colonic output pales into insignificance compared to pigeons alone.

THERE'S NO BUTTER IN HELL!

Reply to
David Paste

YOU TELL 'EM, SISTER!!

Inspired by your well thought-out arguments, I now feel emboldened to start an anti-horse-shit campaign because whenever I go for a walk there's barrow loads of that littering the paths.

Reply to
David Paste

I'll take the hedgehogs. The badgers ate all mine. What I want to know is who is responsible for all the pigeon duck goose and jackdaw crap, especially from the jackdaws falling down the chimneys

- the deer that eat everything, and the rabbits hares and foxes digging fallout shelters everywhere Not to mention Mr Mole and his atomic command centres under my lawns...

Isn't there? that must make the frying less than healthy.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ha! Well I've only done it a few times (in different places) but I did make an effort to reapply once or twice a day for a week.

Seems to have worked. There's precious little like the stench of a cooking cat turd in the greenhouse in midsummer that acts as such a good motivator!

Reply to
David Paste

Bag it fer yer roses!

Reply to