Re: Capillary Fittings - How to Solder them

> 'Wiping' in the context of my note indeed refers to wiping off > > the flux,

Yes, I thought that was obvious.

> Using classic Fluxite (a brown, greasy product), I find that > > it wipes off easily when still quite hot, using a dry rag. A > > dry rag will not chill and crystalise the joint, as > > "jerrybuilt" explained. > I knew what you meant. ;-) And Fluxite will wipe off while the > pipe is still hot, but long after the solder has set. It just > takes a little experience to know when this is.

Yes, of course you *can* do this. I was just explaining why it is strongly deprecated practice (!) - so that the possibility for c*ck-up cannot arise in the first place!

________________________________________________________________ Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com

Reply to
jerrybuilt