Re: Agas - converting from propane to oil

> Has anyone had any experience of converting an aga from propane to

> > oil? I don't know anything about the age of this aga but can find out > > if it's important. It has a waist level flue sticking out the kitchen > > wall. > > > > A very unusual conversion I would suggest. The flue is highly unlikely to > be useable for an oil burner. > I suggest you contact Aga direct and ask their opinion on the feasibility

You're right unfortunately, they reckon it would cost less to dismantle, sell and buy an oil fired aga.

Stupid thing costs about 750 quid to run last year (we didn't switch it off in the summer). The wife likes it though. Not going to switch it back on until October if I get my way.

Nick

Reply to
NickW

Thank you, I did try them. They say it costs 1800 to do the conversion but by the time it's dismantled, shipped, reinstalled, flue sorted out, it'll cost more like 3000.

Stupid useless expensive piece of junk. I'd kick it except I'd probably break my foot.

Thanks :-)

Nick.

Reply to
NickW