Re: Agas - converting from propane to oil

You're right unfortunately, they reckon it would cost less to dismantle, sell and buy an oil fired aga.
Stupid thing costs about 750 quid to run last year (we didn't switch it off in the summer). The wife likes it though. Not going to switch it back on until October if I get my way.
Nick

Thank you, I did try them. They say it costs 1800 to do the conversion but by the time it's dismantled, shipped, reinstalled, flue sorted out, it'll cost more like 3000.
<rant> Stupid useless expensive piece of junk. I'd kick it except I'd probably break my foot. </rant>
Thanks :-)
Nick.