Re: A Bike is Born, Triumph Bonne frame coat

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "JBM" saying something like:

I saw the The Discovery series, A Bike is Born, with Mark Evans, >where he restores a Triumph Bonneville: > >He brush painted the frame (I cannot afford powdercoating so I'll be doing >the same), >and he used some nice gloss enamel auto coat. >It was difficult to see on the can the brand of the paint he used, but it >was not Hammerite. >Was something that ended with "*ofte", I believe. > >Does anyone have an idea which paint he used? > >Thanks, Jan >

x-posted to uk.d-i-y, since some very knowledgeable paint bods live there.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Not Plastikote, is it?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:48:08 +0000 (UTC), Frank Erskine strung together this:

Just what I was thinking. I remeber he used Plastikote on one of the projects.

Reply to
Lurch

================ It might be 'Tekaloid' which is a good brushing car paint.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

know this bloke. If you want an email address ask me nicely and tell me where to send it :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes. A good brushing cellulose has the benefit that it may be sanded down after it's hard to remove any brush marks and then compounded to the most amazing shine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"The Natural Philosopher" wrote

Kindly request this email.