Re: £77 for non-existent earth bonding?

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 01:54:10 -0700, DrC mused:

Hi > >I would really appreciate some help with this: > >We (foolishly in retrospect) paid a major DIY retailer to supply and >fit our bathroom. I say foolishly because having been promised >(twice) it would be done in 5 days, the reason why we were happy to >pay them, it has actually taken 6 weeks, so far, so we may as well >have done most of it ourselves and saved a shed load of cash. > >Anyway, getting to the point, we have, apparently, according to the >invoice, paid £77 for "Supplementary Earth Bonding", now, the only >electrical work we have had done is the installation of an elecrtric >shower. Looking at the wiring, starting downstairs, I see an earth >wire from the meter going to the shower RCD, I then see a wire going >up, through the ceiling, into the bathroom, it then goes under our >bath and into the wall, up the wall and into the shower, that's it. > >All additional plumbing is plastic (except the taps), the bath is >plastic, the only metal is our original copper water pipes and there >appears to be no new additional connection to these. > >Now I know that earth bonding does *not* mean earthing everything in >sight but does anyone have any idea what we have paid £77 for? I >suspect absolutely nothing! >

I'd imagine so, I'd dispute it. I hear many tales of woe about B&Q.

Reply to
Lurch

where does it say B & Q ?

-- regards

Reply to
Urban Legend

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 21:15:03 GMT, "Urban Legend" mused:

I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

Reply to
Lurch

I would agree. When we were looking at options for the bathroom they told me that there would be 2 charges for this item, one for the electric shower and one for the sink. Bit odd that, as we weren't having a shower....so it show's how good they are!

Cheers dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

You need to look at the answers in thread started on July 18th

or

Geo