RCD Keeps tripping on new installation

411.3.3 you Norfolk bred webfooted lummox.

"In a.c. systems, additiona protection by means of an RCD in accordance with Regulation 415.1 shall be provided for:

(i) socket-outlets with a rated current not exceeding 20A that are for use by ordinary persons and are intended for general use..."

415.1: 30mA and
Reply to
Tim Watts

Drivel, I have read again 701.411.3.3 and it applies to the whole location, not just within the zones.

And as has been said by me and other 411.3.3(i) uses the word 'shall' so makes rcds compulsory for sockets

Reply to
BruceB

To be more specific. An RCD is not mandatory on THE WHOLE SYSTEM. Many belie it is with duel RCD CUs becoming the norm. That was clear what I was on about. RCD is only manatory on sockets for general use of portable appliances. A dedicated line to a socket behind an oven will not need an RCD.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I didn't but I wish that I had written it. There's enough material on you to fill a textbook on abnormal psychology.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It virtually is (either whole system or all RCBOs) - unless one of the circuits has its cabling done in such a way[1] as to avoid the 50mm rule.

[1] eg run in MICC, SWA, XLShield (etc, providing certain conditions are met) or surface run. I can think of few installations that a cable could be buried > 50mm without major problems.
Reply to
Tim Watts

You mean less specific?

We rarely have any idea what you are on about. This case was no exception.

No you are mistaken.

An RCD will also be required in a number of other circumstances as well. The most common being a cable buried in the fabric of the building at a depth of less than 50mm and without the benefit of an earthed metallic shield.

It probably will unless it has specifically been cabled in such a way as to circumvent the requirements for an RCD for protection of its supply cable.

Reply to
John Rumm

Its a great place, but we have closed the special hospital in Runwell we used to have for folks like you.

Reply to
John Rumm

That is because you are from Essex.

< snip silly drivel >
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Purely barking mad!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It is? Wow! Is this Essex in England you are on about?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

LoL, dribble even that makes no sense.

How can my being from Essex cause others inability to understand what you are prattling about?

I suspect it is more the fact that you are from a different planet.

Reply to
John Rumm

You are an Essex Chav. This man is in denial.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel