RCD Keeps tripping on new installation

NONSENSE!! They are split to avoid inconvenience. Divide and rule.

No. ONLY ONE according to the regs. Better with two.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Keep up! The regs do not state a CU has to be split. It can all be on ONE RCD.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Hooray!! You are getting it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Similar to an MCB tripping when a bulb pops then? :-)

Reply to
ARW

NONSENSE!!! A mains incomer switch an then an RCD is the same as just having a mains incomer - it is in series with it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That he is.

These we? Who are they. Most here have their heads up their bums not in the sand.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This man is an old hippy. Man...

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This is the same place you got yours on heating systems.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Fantastic. The senile Jocko could not figure that but an old hippy did.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

But it causes inconvenience. Reg 314.1 (i) applies

Reply to
ARW

is a decent compromise, but DP RCBOs on all circuits is the ultimate.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It does. All circuits are RCD protected. Splitting circuits, as lighting is a value judgment. Would the lights be split in a 1 or 2 bed flat? No.

But I think the snotty uni fella meant circuits not sockets.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Are you going to say MK? Which is now tat. Wylex CUs are far superior to MK. The cheaper Volex mcbs and RCBOs are made in the same factor as Wylex. But the two rarely interchangeable. The lastest RCBOs are not.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It does not. I have explained that in another post.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

ELECTRICAL HAZARD!!!! Being in teh dark IS NOT an ELECTRICAL HAZARD!!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

So all lights should have their own individual circuit then. Duh! GU10 lamps trips MCB when they blow. Must be split!!!!!! Yep.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Would you not consider everthing tripping due to one fault an inconvenience?

Reply to
ARW

Where machinery is involved then there are hazards if the lights go out.

Reply to
ARW

No it doesn't you buffon - the whole house aka all circuits[1] need the protection of a 30mA RCD. 100mA RCD is NOT sufficient.

Excepting any circuits where the cables are not less than 50mm under a wall surface without mechanical protection. In a house this is unlilkely by default.

Unless, again, the circuits are for sockets in which case they do irrespective of cable run.

For heavans sake, I gave to the reg numbers - go check it yourself.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I would but we are talking law here. One RCD on a CU meets the 17th. I prefer RCBOs on all circuits, butb that is just me wanting the ultimate - not law.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel