RCBO teardown and destruction

I was crawling the Internet to find out what the functional earth found on some RCBOs was for and stumbled across the following video that explained it along with a full teardown of how everything works, a demo of the bimetallic strip and arc arrestor in action before then finally overloading it to destruction:

Thought it might be of interest to others!

Reply to
Mathew Newton

I watched that yesterday (actually early this morning), I trying to see how feasible it would be for the manufacturers to add a tell-tail flag that would indicate if over-current or earth-leakage had caused it to trip.

Reply to
Graham.

Not seen it before.

Thanks.