Rawl bolt failure

In message snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk>, Jim K.. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

I've done plenty of watching and occasionally helping with the handling of quite large fishing boats on dry land when keels etc. needed work. They used all of the above, plus ropes and very occasionally a pull from a rusty Transit. I could talk to the youngsters, but will they listen? I have the wedges, blocks and the rest on standby.

Reply to
Bill

I drilled holes for M16 Hilti equiv rawl bolts and they simply could not be torqued up to required load .... they would slip just wind out of concrete. Rep came down tried himself .. and agreed that he could not get them to correct set. Swapped them for resin in anchors and lent me a battery powered resin gun .. and a box load of free resin & anchors. Convinced me never to to use 'rawl' type fittings again

Reply to
rick

Yes

The Tech Rep even had test gear, nothing wrong with concrete (he tested it, as well as holes) standard 30N mix, compacted.

I have a large box of 16mm shield anchors going cheap :-)

Reply to
rick

How big's the hole & how deep? Multi Monti?

Reply to
Jim K..

600 X 600 X 600 ?
Reply to
Jim K..

Time for a lesson on propping, levers & fulcrums?

Reply to
Jim K..

Erm... could probably work chains & "stout cord" in easier?

Reply to
Jim K..

Mmmm, on balance just use them as disposable slave labour...

Reply to
Jim K..

Were these like "shield anchor" types?

Reply to