Ravenheat boiler.

I have just installed a Ravenheat RSF84ET boiler and new system,after warming up it fires up for 40sec then shuts down for 40sec and carries on like this all the time until I shut it down, all the rads get hot and I have hot water as well, this does not happen when I switch to just hot water mode. Any ideas ?? This is the first time I have had or fitted central heating in my home. Graham

Reply to
Graham

In message , Graham writes

This is called cycling, it happens when the water from the heating system hasn't cooled down that much. It's enough to switch the boiler back on, but then rapidly heats up and the boiler goes off.

I think it is faulty, I would suggest ringing Ravenheat and speaking to them about it. since it's new you don't want to be wasting your time trying to fix it.

I have a Ravenheat combi, about 5 years old, it has an anti-cycling device, which stops such frequent cycling. Once the boiler has stopped firing for the heating, it won't fire again for 2 1/2 minutes, I expect yours has a similar system (it should say in the general blurb somewhere about the boiler operation.

Reply to
chris French