<RANT> When is 22mm not 22mm ?

When it's an inch.

Is it just B&Q that sell little plastic bags of pipe fittings and connectors that have 22mm on the outside but actually contain a 25mm or 1" connector ?

I ask as I lost most of Sunday trying to find 22mm fittings that actually fitted each other so I could turn my water back on after replacing some pipework in preparation for the new bath.

The packet says 22mm but it's pot luck if that's what's inside !

All I wanted to do was convert from 1" down to 15mm !

I know I should have gone to ye olde plumbers merchant but they are closed on Sundays :-(

Rant over.

Reply to
Geoff

For that type of stuff screwfix.com is the way to go - They get that sort of thing right consistently. If you only need a few bits and bobs then a PM is OK.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

->For that type of stuff screwfix.com is the way to go - They get that sort

->of thing right consistently. If you only need a few bits and bobs then a

->PM is OK.

The problem was I needed it Sunday afternoon, no idea what I needed till I got the bath out and got proper access to the pipes.

Reply to
Geoff

At least the difference is obvious. When you get 19.5mm and 20mm fitting muddled you might not discover the error until the puddle forms on the floor.

Robert Laws

Or in the ceiling rose of the light pendant below.

Reply to
R W

->> When it's an inch.

->>

->> Is it just B&Q that sell little plastic bags of pipe fittings and connectors

->> that have 22mm on the outside but actually contain a 25mm or 1" connector ?

->

->At least the difference is obvious. When you get 19.5mm and 20mm

->fitting muddled you might not discover the error until the puddle

->forms on the floor.

->

Not that obvious when you get home with a load of plastic bags full of connectors and adaptors with a red 22mm logo on the corner, open then and try and find why none of them fit together !

Reply to
Geoff

Robert Laws wrote

As I found out when I put a 22mm compression on a 3/4" pipe. Fuddled I was until I got the micrometer out.

Another 1/4 turn on the fitting and it hasn't leaked since ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.

Reply to
Zymurgy