Raising electrical socket height

Hi,

This may seem a stupid question but here goes.

I've just bought a house where some of the sockets although using newish cable, are bang on top of the skirting boards.

The current cable hasn't got much in the way of slack on it.

Is there a safe, legal and hopefully not unsightly(loads of junction boxes) way of raising the height of the boxes.

i.e some sort of junction that can be embedded in the plaster, or do I need them rewired with longer tails coming out of the floor.

The reason I ask is that at some point in the past a concrete floor was put down under the floor making it near impossible to crawl under the floor unless you are the width of a tapeworm.

To rewire I would have to lift numerous floorboards!

TIA Graham

Reply to
Graham.mead

Have a careful look to see whether the boards in the vicinity of the sockets have already been lifted, and so may be easy to lift again.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Is this a problem in practice?

To plaster over joints they'd need to be crimped types and overall sealed with heat shrink sleeving.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yup. Another easy compliant way is to use a standard flex extension connector, which is a small housing with screw terminals, pull out the screw terminals, twist the cables together and solder them. For 80p you get the small housing, cord grips too, the whole thing.

NT

Reply to
meow2222