Raining in the Garage and Dryer fuse went bang

Raining in the Garage and Dryer fuse went bang

Two issues which may be related??

Firstly walked into the garage after swmbo complained the dryer had just gone bang, oh and its raining in the garage.

Indeed it there were numerous drops of water coming from the roof, which is made from corrugated asbestos sheets, laid on top of each other in the correct method (like roof tiles)

The water appeared to be running down the inside of the roof until it pooled in a large enough pool to form a drop, thus gibing the impression of rain (about 10 drops a minute)

This coincided with the first sun of the day covering the roof.

Could this have been condensation which formed on the inside of the roof melting under the suns heat ?

Also the Hotpoint tumble dryer blew a fuse, once the fuse was replaced it started ok, but sounded like the motor bearing had failed (or frozen), one it warmed up its appears ok.

Am I correct here? And if so how could I stop the condensation, is it even possible with out sealing the garage. Ideally as cheaply as possible, as I am planning on demolishing the garage in the next year or two.

Thanks

Reply to
nospam

Just to ask a stupid question first - Does this dryer have proper extraction if it needs it?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Reply to
nospam

Really need to find out why its wet rather than guessing. Only then can you fix it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222