Radiators not getting warm

It would be interesting to see the rad fall off the walls as well!

Reply to
John Rumm

Not sure its really possible to do one without the other.

Reply to
John Rumm

Exactly. I had one here, with a footvalve that does the jet-pumping operation. My borehole is 60' deep afaik - although it might be less now, as it's not been used for a decade.

The borehole's still for sale, btw; buyer collect.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

A lift of about 22 feet is about the practical limit. I assume the jet pump is some form of venturi down the well, with a surface pressure pump to it. An air injecter is another method of exceeding the 32 foot (theoretical) limit.

Reply to
<me9

.....and back to the original problem!

I have shut down all other radiators and left the pump running. No effect. Again, if I remove the bleed valve, I get warm water through, so the supply side is OK.

To try and resolve this, I plan to fit an automatic bleed valve. I can't do it at the highest point as the pipes are against the ceiling,is there any reason why I can't do it on one of the verticals as high as possible?

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter