Radiator size

One of radiators in my home is leaking. I’m planning to replace it. The size of the radiator is 89cm width x 72cm height. (Measured by the white panel) However, I searched screwfix and toolstation, the closest match is 900mm width.

Will it be fitted with my existing pipes if I buy 900mm width radiator? Many thanks

Screwfix have dimension drawings of their Flowmaster range*

Their 900mm is the distance between where the tail fitting threads end. Are your measurements to the same points on your existing radiator.

How long are the tails on your existing radiator. This also needs to be taken into account as you are trying to match the distance between the valves at both ends. You can get adjustable tails to cater for slightly different sizes of radiator.

Reply to
alan_m

My measurements should match the same point as stated in the document.

The tails on both side are just about 1.5cm only. It seems not much buffer left.

Thanks