Rack & Pinion kit?

Anyone know where I can obtain small rack and pinion kit. I have some jigs and other stuff in mind that would be enhanced with a small, cheap rack * pinion.

Google etc.. have shown up some very nice high precision, and industrial stuff, but these are obviously going to be very pricy...

Thoughts? Roy

Reply to
RzB

Baz

Scrapyard car steering rack and some welding. You can make a useful bearing press this way.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

You had me all excited there... What a treasure trove I thought.. Then I realised it was in New York..:-(

So where can I get this sort of stuff in the UK - that's exactly what I'm looking for!

Many thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

They will ship to the UK. Have used them in the past. Baz

Reply to
Baz

Model shop? Maplin WC77?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hmmm - ok - I'll take another look and perhaps give them a try...

Many thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

Typical - right under my nose.. :-)

Thanks for that. Probably a little small but worth a look..

Roy

Reply to
RzB

Hmmm - don't have a welder...

Could this just be the excuse I need .. :-)

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

Dave, Your suggestion re Model shop made me think that a "model" NG might be able to help...

So I posted on uk.rec.model.engineering....

one John Stevenson came up with these very useful pointers...

HPC Gears,

Components,
and Technobots for useful bits,
again.. Roy