Quiet?

That's odd. I've been away since first thing Monday yet only have 49 messages in the uk.diy box. Have you lot all been too busy building up to Christmas to post?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

nope. you obviopusly have killfiled everyone

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I thought after three years of redoing the kitchen it was about time I got a worktop.

I haven't actually got any *worktop* but I have put some spare doors on top of the units ...

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Do you have Thunderbird set to ask before downloading more than 50?

Reply to
Robin

No its set to 3000!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

No idea if this is connected (w-e-lllll ... *all* of Usenet is connected, isn't it?!) but:

My news provider is Astraweb (I can't even remember why). I had a complete blank on Monday, so I went to their site (an extremely rare occurrence) and found this, dated 18 December:

I don't actually know what he means by "headers", but I deleted one group, and then re-joined (and got the predictable ">99,999 threads". I left my other 5 groups alone.

Things seem to be getting back to normal by now, but - y'know - I don't feel I'm missing out on a lot, these days!

Best wishes to all John

Reply to
Another John

I make it more like 80, but many are from that home idiots club place. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That seems about right to cover a week's absence from *this* NG. :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good