Quick 'tanking' question

Hi,

I know that if you want a wet room on a suspended floor and stud/plaster walls you need to do quite a bit to 'tank' the floor and lower walls.

If you have a toilet in a domestic garage which has a solid floor and block walls then do you need to do much to make it waterproof?

I have only just thought of this, but it seems that if you raised the floor level (to allow for the drain) then put a screed down over a membrane then you should be almost there.

i.e. lay the centre drain for the shower on the existing floor then cover it over. Raise the toilet and wash hand basin and then you have a wet room.

Tile the walls, transformation complete.

This is a proposed wuick fix to convert a toilet into toilet and shower, where there isn't enough space for a seperate cubicle.

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Ive just done a wetroom upstairs and the kit can be used with solid floors too.

Take a look at:

Richard

Reply to
r.rain