Questions on fitting a stove and flue

Hi there

I've got a few queries about fitting a stove I was hope I could get some feedback before I progress...here goes

New build with concrete first floors. The ceilings in the downstairs room have been battened down by approx

4 inches and then platerboarded and skimmed The living room where the stove is to be fitted has currently no chimney breast. The chiminey breast however has been built from the first floor above and a hole cut in the concrete floor to the living room below (clay flue liner).

The stove assembly consists of the stove, a spiggot which will bolt onto the under side of the concrete floor and the flue of course which slots in between the spiggot and the stove. The flue is single layer The stove will need to be placed on a hearth (which has still to built) and a fireplace built up around the stove (again needs to be built)

So really what I intend to do is .... in order Build the heart initially as well as part of the fireplace around the stove Cut a hole in the ceiling to give me access to the clay lined chimney above Bolt on the spiggot to the underside of the concrete floor and then seal with fire cement (grog)between the clay flue above and the metal spiggot (which has smaller diameter than clay flue above so I intend to taper the grog at this point towards the smaller dimention) Slip a stainless steel insulated liner over approx 800mm of the top part of the flue so as to stop heat from the top part of the flue getting anywhere near the timber battens and the void in the ceiling. The lower section of the flue needs to be uninsulated as the access for cleaning is at this point Position stove on hearth and then connect and seal the flue to both the spiggot and stove Now at this point I can complete the building of the fireplace around the stove I also intend during the building of the dummy fireplace to insulate around the flue (a false ceiling in the chimney breast being built) to stop heat from the stove itself getting up into the ceiling void

This is what I think I need to do, but I'd appreciate advice from anybody who sees someting wrong with this approach

Hope I've explianed this adaquately for you all to understand

Regards Sean

Reply to
Sean

On the advice of my supplier, I used high temperature silicone between the stainless spigot plate and the concrete slab above, with no problems at all. I had intended to use fire cement as a fillet as you describe but decided in the end it wasn't necessary.

Best of luck,

Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence Milbourn