Question - electrical sanity check

I found some old 3 core and no earth on a job last month. The red white and blue colours. I believe it was changed in 1966 to red yellow blue and the earth was added - probably a 14th edition amendment.

Reply to
ARW

Not just me with that wish then then?

I can usually find that sort of MCB on the shelf at work should you ever need another one.

Reply to
ARW

Thanks for the offer. When I tested this the Legrand RCCB failed to do anything useful (bu&&er!) so I'm now waiting for a replacement :-(

Reply to
nothanks

I bought it for the old house. The double garage had a single power point, and I put a ring in. This was in old colours days. It was cheaper to buy a drum of twice what I needed that to buy half a drum cut to length.

When we moved in here we had to get the house completely rewired.

The rubber wiring next to the thatch was a little bit of a concern!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris