Question about TV aerials (Bill Wright?)

Thanks a lot, all. I'm wiser but sadder. As my grandfather used to say, "What a way to run a railway!"

PA

Reply to
Peter Able

If it was 25v ac it should have been fine.

Reply to
charles

Lets just say that site doesn't have the highest reputation.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Dear, Oh dear! No it would not.

The capacitor will charge up to the peak - which for 24vAC would be well over 30v.

Reply to
Peter Able

Seemed to be reporting the same circumstances as this NG has given - but I'll toss some NaCl over my shoulder next time. 25kg packs, BTW, so look out, behind!

Cheers.

PA

Reply to
Peter Able

Not to mention what would happen over the range of permissible mains voltage.

The capacitor, when changed was barrel-shaped with detritus around its blow-hole - and a remanent capacity of about 0.1uF.

PA

Reply to
Peter Able

That's why I said a 30v ac rating. It should cope with 30 x 1.4 volts

Reply to
charles

Yet another reason to stop paying the licence.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

As my dad used to say, "We're in a worse state than China!"

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

DVB-S1 11127V QPSK 22Msps

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes but a lot of Freesat boxes only work on Freesat EPG channels, or at least the user doesn't know how to switch to non-Freesat.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

What? Firstly, you never said that. Secondly, even if you had, tell me how many smoothing capacitors in this sort of system would have a "30v ac rating"? or any other voltage ac rating? None.

PA

Reply to
Peter Able