PVA wonderful stuff

What wonderful stuff PVA is! I sprayed my Xmas tree (Norway spruce) with it,

4 to 1 mix in one of those hand pumped spray guns, didn't loose anything like the number of needles. Not exactly scientific but it seemed to work.

ttfn.....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross

Gluing the needles back on won't make the tree last until next Christmas though. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

I'll bet the spray gun doesn't any more ;-) Been there, done that (not with a Christmas tree though).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The ones u can buy to spray houseplants are cheap enough -about 90p last time I bought one . Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

The one I wrecked this way was actually free -- the empty bottle of bathroom cleaner. So no great loss. However, I did spend some time rinsing it all out afterwards and pumped loads of clean water through the nossle. However, it didn't work properly next time I used it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

They spray in every direction - reminds me of Pam Ayres' poem: (which I read when I were a lad...)

My mother had a flit gun, A bit of flit shot out of it, The rest shot up her arm.

PS I asked once about this magical PVA and sealing walls before plastering. Is this the same PVA as used by joiners to glue wooded frames etc?

Reply to
Abdullah Eyles

Yes. Wonderful stuff. You can actually plaster on a sheet of glass if you PVA it first (so I'm told), although "sealing" probably isn't the correct term in this context.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel