PVA on wall

I am going to put plasterboard onto an old wall tomorrow. The wall is clean and sound. I shall be buying some plasterboard adhesive for the job.

A frind gave me some PVA stuff and said I should mix it with water and apply it to the wall first.

Question - should I let the PVA dry - or can I brush it on immediately befor applying the adhesive dabs and dobs?

Reply to
john

Why?

If you use the correct stuff for sticking up plasterboard then the pva should not be unnecessary. If the pros did this they'd never get the job done in the time they do.

Reply to
OldBill

Drywall adhesive sticks really well, even to dusty old random stone walls like mine. Use plenty though.

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

Quite right. Put a wide line along the bottom where the skirting board will go and anywhere else that you want to fix to. Also a line up every so often as a firebreak. Mix it fairly thick as its suction holds the boards in place whilst drying/setting.

And you want a straight edge to bang the boards flat, plumb and true. Take your time and when you get the hang of it you will find you are enjoying yourself.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Good advice. Drywall takes std rawlplugs really well. Wallboard with voids behind is a pain to fix too.

Alex

Reply to
AlexW