PURE Evoke 1S radio display (2023 Update)

Just bought a replacement lcd display from Alibaba for £17, lot of screws to get to but nothing astonishing if confident and careful. We will have to see if it works on arrival.

Reply to
BadWulf

If that is the same as the one in the sonus1, they kind of go brown after a while. Does not worry me, but might oorry those who can see. The thing that gives me pause here, is the almost immediate redundancy of the DAB radio. Most are now no longer able to be picked up by the pure, due to the coding method used. I thought the display was part of the receiver pcb, and its the chip that stops it getting DAB plus signals and decoding them. If your replacement comes with a more up to date radio, then I'm all ears, as my one is almost ready for the tip. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You worried me beause I have a Pure Evoke-1S and I didn't know it won't pick up DAB+. So I looked on the back and see I've written "NOT DAB+" in black marker. I tried tuning stations and can still receive all BBC ones. Atlantis is one that I listen to on my more modern radio on DAB+, but on the Pure, it shows in the display but is silent. The other station I listen to is Angel Vintage, but that's not DAB+ and works on the Pure.

Reply to
Dave W